MAKING VIRTUAL JOBS REAL
TRAINING PROGRAM WITH VIRTUAL REALITY SUPPORT, FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF EMPLOYABILITY IN PEOPLE WITH DOWN SYNDROME AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES
VIRTUAL DS, will promote, through an integrating and innovative approach, the inclusion of people with Down syndrome (PSD) in ordinary work environments, using Virtual Reality (VR) experiences as support in their training
VIRTUAL-DS is launched with the aim of providing skills to the different agents involved in the process of training and employment inclusion:
– Students with Down Syndrome
– Job trainers
– Company representatives
Through a training program that uses the methodology of supported employment and VR technology as a support, to promote the employability of people with mental health difficulties.
– Raise awareness among the business community of the labor skills of the PSD’s and the potential to improve them using RV.
– Develop VR contents, and introduce them in a global training methodology based on the Supported Employment Model.
– Transfer knowledge and guidelines on how to exploit VR as a training tool for other groups.
– Promote access to the labor market of the PSD.
– Develop a Methodological Guide with the direct participation of users, determining the key contents, methodology and necessary tools, to develop and improve the competences of the PSDs, job trainers and company representatives, in the exposure and use of the RV.
– Develop and adapt Training materials for PSD, job trainers and company representatives, to facilitate the implementation of the VR in order to improve the employability of the PSD, following the Supported Employment Model.
– The practical and formative activities at the core of the Training Program, will consist of RV content to favor the most experiential and practical part of the users with SD.
– Development of a training e-Platform, for the implementation of the Training Methodology that includes contents of awareness, Virtual Reality materials, training materials, communication and interaction forum, etc.